[Gambas-user] Re:Message Box Default Button

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Fri Jan 27 13:44:47 CET 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Rohnny Stormo wrote:

> <From: Rob Kudla <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...1343...>
>  <Re: Re:Message Box Default Button
> <2006-01-26 23:44
> <
> <On Fri January 27 2006 02:30, Rohnny Stormo wrote:
> <> But if your looking for tabindex there is'nt any. You need to
> <> delete the items and then create them allover :[
>
> <He was actually talking about the buttons in the Message class,
> <but you don't need to delete controls on a form to change their
> <tab order.... right click and Arrange/Send to Back (or Front),
> <or use the Home and End keys to adjust their z-order.  (The only
> <bummer is that you can't test the tab order without compiling
> <and running the program.)
> <
> <I wrote a program that converts my Gambas forms to HTML/CSS
> <forms, and would have been lost without the ability to fix the
> <tab order.
>
> Thanks for Clearing that one out. It's did actually work ;)
>
> Would be nice to have it as a property So it can be set without
> compiling. Then it
> would be easy to change it on the run if that should be needed.

An actual Z-position property might be something to consider as well with
0 being rearmost and higher numbers being more to the front.  The form
instanciation logic then just needs to sort the controls in either a
descending or ascending ordered list (based on whether the first control
created in the underlying GUIlib is frontmost or rearmost) and then
instantiate the controls in appropriate order.  This would be more than VB
or even VC++ (Visual Studio 6 I used at one point) offered for Z-control.