[Gambas-user] Drawing Area Issues

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Sun Jan 22 23:54:39 CET 2006

It seems resizing stuff in the designer may throw other objects
off-dimension that are on the form.  Including the form itself losing
size over the course of edits.

The behavior is tricky to catch but it is easer if you have forms padded
to match the grid.  Save and reload.  Some controls may have been resized.
Resize the control(s).  Now the form size is off.  (Save and load each
time you edit).

Workaround:

  Explicity set the dimension of controls sensitive to dimension changes
caused by the designer at runtime in the form's From_Load sub.

To this point it appears only widths and heights get snaffooed by the
designer in 1.9.20.

So a line like
  SomeControl.Move(SomeControl.X, SomeControl.Y, expected_width,
                   expected_height)

Should work.

Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"
brian at ...1334...
brian at ...1335...
brian at ...1336...
brian at ...1337...
gau_veldt at ...67...

-- Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...