[Gambas-user] Real basic stuff . . .

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jan 22 21:48:24 CET 2006

On Fri January 20 2006 20:29, A Person wrote:
> The above is lacking some official terms but due to the lack
> of documentation my choice of descriptors is the best that you
> are going to get.

I'm not sure I understand correctly, but if I do, you're saying
something like this (given a 1024x768 screen):

Size of window before       Size of window after
900x500                     1024x768
1300x1100                   1024x768
450x800                     450x768
1100x600                    1024x600

I have recreated each of these four scenarios, and what's
happening for the last two (under KDE 3.4, Mandriva 2006) is
that KDE is simply ignoring the request to maximize the window
because it thinks the window's already maximized.  It works as
expected if you click the Maximize button, which leads me to
believe there's a possibility that it's a Gambas bug, but it
seems more likely to be a KDE or Qt bug.  I don't have any other
window managers installed so I can't say whether it has the same
effect under them.  If it does the same thing under, for
example, IceWM, then I would say it's a Gambas bug.  Anyone want
to try that?

What I also notice is that when my form initially opens, no
matter how much wider or taller it is than the screen, it's cut
down to screen height/width minus the height/width of any KDE
toolbars at the edges of the screen.  So that leads me to point
the finger at KDE, not Gambas.

Rob