[Gambas-user] Parsing through all controls of a form

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Thu Jan 19 18:30:33 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 08:47, ron wrote:
> On Thursday 19 January 2006 17:17, johnf wrote:
> > Could you add an extra - tag property. We would have two (2) tag like
> > properties.  So not to break older coding maybe you could add the new
> > property with a different name - like tag2.
> > John
>
> Smile :) :)
>
> This is almost the same as asking the .Name property.
> Depends on what you want with Tag2.
>
> Only 1 big difference, .Name is String and .Tag is Variant.
> .Tag2 should be then also Variant.
> Again the power of gambas against VB :)
>
> Instead .Tag2 it can also be named .UserData
>
> Ron
I don't care about the name - .UserData sounds great.  I just want to store
more information (easily) about the control.  At the moment I'm storing
information in the tag property to help build a "Update" string for SQL
Update strings.  So I can have a general class that can build the SQL Update
string when the user clicks my save button.  Pass the routine a "window" and
have the routine loop through the control and build the string.  I'm not
using "edit" or any of the Gambas SQL resultset routines - exec everything.
So if I had just one more property I would not have to have a strange parsing
routine.

John