[Gambas-user] A dude about Gambas

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Tue Jan 17 18:24:20 CET 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 05:11, Jose Daniel Santos Delgado wrote:
> The user and the passwd that grant access the database must be stored
> somewhere at the client machine but I don't want it to be public. And
> I also don't like the idea of being hardcoded into the application

In general I ask the user to supply a password and use a pref file that
contains things like the database, port, host.  Or just hard code it.  I get
the user name from "username.Text".  That means a login window must be used.
Making it so the login process is transparent would required storing the
password somewhere.  You might be able to setup some sort of LDAP way of
doing it (single signon).

John