[Gambas-user] Re: casting or changing datatype.

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 14 15:07:50 CET 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 11:36, Rohnny Stormo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Think scripting or javascript has a variant of this if 'm not wrong.
> Looks like he is thinking of something like this.
>
> Public Sub SomeSub(ItemsToUse as string)
>     [ItemsToUse].Text ="Hello"
> end sub
>
> SomeSub("TextBox1")
> SomeSub("TextBox2")
>
> This is a small example, but in larger scale it could be usefull,
> special when makeing classes.
>
> Would be nice thow if it could be done.
>
> Regards Rohnny

Identifiers do not exist anymore once the program is compiled, except the
public symbols of a class.

But I think what is wanted is the old request of controls indexed by name,
like in Visual Basic?

--
Benoit Minisini