[Gambas-user] Re: Some Captured, Some Not

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Thu Jan 12 05:35:57 CET 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 18:33, A Person wrote:
> Good Day All . . .
>
> Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them.
>
>  From my own experience creating the sample I tend to agree with you
> except for the fact that my project originally worked. Both the label
> and the textlabel have the key and mouse events so I assume that the
> functionality is there.
>
> As per John's suggestion, I substituted a textlabel for the original
> label. It still does not work. It accepts the mousedown event but does
> not accept any keyboard entry.
>
> I removed the timer then I clicked on the textlabel and the "MouseDown"
> text was displayed. With the focus already on the textlabel I pressed a
> key. No activity at the breakpoints.
>
> Has something been left out or modified in the Gambas program?
>
> Originally my project worked very well. The PageUp, PageDown, Home and
> End worked. This was originally created in 1.0.2 or 1.0.3. I added code
> in 1.0.13 to a different component and now it does not compile the key
> events fully.
>
> If I assume that I am coding improperly then can someone point me in the
> right direction? My second example does not work. With the available
> options set, it should.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
I'm sorry I just tested textlabel with a keyboard and it does not work.  I'm
actually using the mouse to activate my form.  I'm a newbie and thought I was
using the keyboard to activate my routine.  But I rechecked my code and I am
not.  So this is what I did.  I replaced the TextLabel with a TextBox.  I
changed the text to match what I wanted and then set the background to match
the forms background, then turned off the border and I had something that
looked like a label.  Hope that helps.

John