[Gambas-user] Wanted String got Blob Instead gambas 1.9.23

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 11 16:52:57 CET 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 14:59, nigel at ...38... wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> From my reading of MySQL Reference I would say that there is a difference
> (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html) ;
>
> TINYBLOB, BLOB, MEDIUMBLOB and LONGBLOB are binary strings whilst TINYTEXT,
> TEXT, MEDIUMTEXT, LONGTEXT are more akin to CLOB.
>
> Nigel

I've never read the mysql 5.0 documentation. Maybe now BLOB and TEXT are
really different, but they aren't in older versions.

If there changes like that, they should be added to the mysql driver.

I've just finished a modification on sqlite drivers: now the sqlite2 driver is
named gb.db.sqlite2, and the sqlite3 driver is named gb.db.sqlite. Moreover,
if you open a sqlite2 database with gb.db.sqlite, the driver automatically
tells the gb.db component to use gb.db.sqlite instead (with a new API named
'DB.TryAnother').

So now there is two possibilities: create a new mysql driver for mysql 5.0, or
modify the existing driver by testing the database version.

Benoit Minisini