[Gambas-user] Anybody have an example using DCOP?

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jan 11 02:31:31 CET 2006

On Tue January 10 2006 15:55, johnf wrote:
> edit) the xml file.  I wonder if it would be possible to store
> the xml in the database?  I would think I could using a text
> field to get that done.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done in the past.

> But I also like the idea of using the Draw class.  Do you have
> an example of creating a report and then printing.  It does

Well, here's a minimal example.... pseudo-code since I don't have
Gambas on the machine I'm writing this on....

public PrintYPos as integer
public RecCount as integer

public sub PrintReport(r as Result)
	if r.eof then return
	Draw.Begin(Printer)
	PrintHeader
	printypos = 100
	do while not r.eof
		inc RecCount
		PrintRow(r)
	loop
	PrintFooter
	Draw.End
end

public sub PrintHeader
	Draw.Font.Size = 18
	Draw.Font.Bold = True
	Draw.Text("This is my report",10,10)
end

public sub PrintRow(r as Result)
	Draw.Font.Size = 10
	Draw.Font.Bold = False
	Draw.Text(r["Name"], 100, PrintYPos)
	Draw.Text(r["Address"], 300, PrintYPos)
	Draw.Text(r["Phone"], 500, PrintYPos)
	PrintYPos = PrintYPos + 15
	if PrintYPos > (Printer.Height - 30) then
		Printer.NewPage
		' if we had a page header we'd reprint it here
		PrintYPos = 100
	endif
end

public sub PrintFooter
	Draw.Font.Size = 18
	Draw.Font.Bold = True
	Draw.Text("Number of records printed: " &
	   RecCount,10,printer.height - 30)
end

Rob