[Gambas-user] RE Jpeg Perfomance

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jan 4 16:06:00 CET 2006

On Wed January 4 2006 09:28, James Wilson wrote:
> As it currently stands you can see the image being refreshed
> vertically. Im assuming the stretch has already been performed
> before it gets to displaying it. IT seems to be a speed issue
> in actually drawing the images. Thanks for your answers
> though.

Yeah, you're running into Qt's underlying slowness (the same is
true of Gtk to a lesser extent, and most other toolkits I've
worked with.)

If your primary interface in this app is going to be 16
constantly refreshed images, then I really think you should look
into gb.sdl which has much faster drawing performance.  You'll
have to handle your own widgets for now, but if performance is
the most important thing, that's your best option.

Or try gb.qt.opengl in the recent 1.9 releases.... I don't know
how stable it is, but it sure ought to be faster than Qt's
normal drawing abilities.

Rob