[Gambas-user] I'm thinking...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jan 3 17:39:58 CET 2006

You know probably that an object in Gambas has a constructor named '_new', and
a destructor named '_free'.

At the moment, '_free' is called just before the object is released.

Now, you know probably too that an object in Gambas can become "invalid". An
invalid object cannot be used anymore, but it is referenced again.

I'm currently thinking about calling '_free' when an object becomes invalid
(and then not calling it when the object is released of course).

There are advantages... But I'm not sure it won't break some things in native
classes (I will see) or in your Gambas code.

So, what do you think about that? Do you use '_free'? What for? Tell me if you
see any problem in this design change.

Benoit Minisini