[Gambas-user] Storing picture data in a collection

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at ...1367...
Mon Feb 27 04:10:46 CET 2006

I'm trying to reference images stored on a form so I can map those
images elsewhere.

I've an "iconform" with a number of pictureboxes representing icons I
want to use in my project.

When I do a directory list I want to map icons from that iconform to
each item in the columnview directory depending on each directory
entry's file type.

I've been doing this using a collection with references to individual
icons on disk, e.g.

FileImages.Add["file-archive.png","archive"]
then referencing it using

picture[FileImages[filetype]]

This works but I'd rather store the icons in the project and reference
them without having to pack a bunch of icon files in the final
distributable.  So I've used pictureboxes on a seperate hidden form but
I've not figured how how to reference them - preferably with a hash or
collection of sorts.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Thanx,
Jeff