[Gambas-user] Two questions: Images in binaries & networking

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Tue Feb 21 13:37:21 CET 2006

> > I'd like to find a way to browse a network, see available servers, view
> > file shares, etc.  Preferably in SAMBA.  I'm under the impression Gambas
> > isn't quite this advanced yet.  But it does have a networking component
> > of which I haven't found much documentation or sample projects.  Any
> > tips on this?

Browsing computers, resources, etc is matter of the operating system, more
than a feature for a component.  If you want to browse the network, you can
just call to the different command line utilities from Samba (smbclient,
smbmount...), and parse the output from these programs... They perform the
work very well :-)

Regards,

D. Campos