[Gambas-user] Database Access

Llew Ashdown lucris at ...1366...
Mon Feb 20 07:11:55 CET 2006

Hi everyone,
Can anyone point me in the right direction please, ( I don't have a clue).
I am a long standing Delphi programmer - and have written lots of quite
sizable applications, but I actually quite dislike the operating system
upon which it runs.
I would love to be able to do as much on Xandros , but I think that is a
/long way off./

Gambas looks like it is headed in the right direction, but I am having
hells own trouble getting my head around database connection of any
kind- mysql or whatever.
( I had more than a little trouble getting Gambas 1.9.24 to work on
Xandros- but it is up and running)
Thinking that it might help I installed XAMPP php,perl,mysql, etc --
But I am - still in the dark - any connections I try just fail-- sorry
to be so thick.

--
Regards

Llew Ashdown