[Gambas-user] Is there a limit to exec string

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Wed Feb 15 21:21:50 CET 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 12:00, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 20:52, johnf wrote:
> > >
> > > 370 characters is way too short to be truncating a SQL query....
> > > I've written MySQL queries that were like 4K.  (Don't ask, it
> > > was ugly.)
> > >
> > > Does Postgres maybe have some logging facility so you can see
> > > what queries have been run?
> > >
> > > Rob
> >
> > It took a while but I figured out how to turn on the logging.  So the
> > postgres database engine sees everything but the "where" clause then I
> > discovered I wasn't actually sending the "where" clause.  Thanks for
> > everyones help.  So the programmer bites it again....  Still I did learn
> > that Gambas does not have anyway to see the return messages.
> > John
>
> To see the queries sent to the database server, set DB.Debug to TRUE.
>
> Regards,

It is true that if I had DB.Debug = true I might have seen the fact I was not
sending the "where" clause.  But does DB.Debug report any messages from
database engine?  Is there a way to read the return messages?
John