[Gambas-user] anybody have a parser

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Feb 15 08:21:22 CET 2006

On Wed February 15 2006 02:05, johnf wrote:
> Will aVariant contain the response from the database engine?
> Something like "Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected,
> 36 ms execution time."

I think that string is something generated by the query software
itself, and all the database returns is the number of rows
affected... but the result of Connection.Exec is a Result object
(i.e. a recordset) if anything's returned at all.

Maybe Result.Count returns the number of rows affected in an
insert/update operation?  I've never tried that.

Rob