[Gambas-user] anybody have a parser

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Feb 15 04:56:15 CET 2006

On Tue February 14 2006 22:03, johnf wrote:
> I need a parser to parse out the special characters for SQL
> statements.  I.e. I need to replace " ' ", " ; ",  and other
> special characters in "textarea" controls so that I can use
> "Update" and "Insert" statements.  Actually, I should parse
> all controls.

The Connection.Exec method automatically quotes your parameters
("arguments" in gb.db parlance), but if you want to do it
manually for some reason you can use Connection.Quote.

http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.db/connection/exec
http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.db/connection/quote

Rob