[Gambas-user] the power of gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Feb 11 08:52:25 CET 2006

On Fri February 10 2006 19:29, hendri wrote:
> I already try to make a small program using gambas with mysql
> but I found difficulty of making a report. Is there any
> application like seagate crystal report for gambas?

Not yet, but there's someone working on one already.

> if gambas can run scanner too?
> I mean like microsoft component of image scanner and image
> viewer.

I have personally used Gambas with the "scanimage" program to
write an interface to a scanner for a document management
system, but there is no "gb.sane" component yet for dealing with
scanners directly.  (SANE is to Linux as TWAIN is to Windows.)

Rob