[Gambas-user] problem with "&" and mysql

Andreas Fröhlke afroehlke at ...784...
Thu Feb 9 09:33:58 CET 2006

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>>>Salut,
>>>
>>>try it with && and think also that ' exists.
>>>
>>>Amicalment
>>>Charlie
>>>* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *

>>Hi,
>>
>>It don't work. My "new" SQL-statement was:
>>
>>INSERT INTO tabTest SET textfield='Hello && Bye' ;
>>

> This should work there. What happens *exactly* ?
>
> The syntax of the substitution functions is a bit strange, I should change it
> maybe...
>
> At the moment, '&X' is replaced by the value of the X-th argument if X is a
> number of one or two digits greater than zero, and if not, it is replaced by
> 'X'.
>
> Regards,

Hello,

If I use the sql statement with gambas like this:

	db.exec("INSERT INTO tabTest SET textfield='Hello & Bye' ;")
ERROR:
Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near 'Hello & Bye'' at line 1

also I tried:

	db.exec("INSERT INTO tabTest SET textfield='Hello && Bye' ;")
ERROR:
Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near 'Hello && Bye'' at line 1

and:

	db.exec("INSERT INTO tabTest SET textfield='Hello \\& Bye' ;")
ERROR:
Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near 'Hello \& Bye'' at line 1

but nothing work. Only it works if I delete the "&" charakter, but i
cant't do this, because than I must correct each userinput and correct
existing data with "&"-charakter in each table.

Please Help

Thanks A.Fröhlke

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Onsabrück.