[Gambas-user] Gambas 1.9.24 package for Ubuntu 5.10

john hedge johnhedge at ...626...
Mon Feb 6 22:45:32 CET 2006

My experience with installing Gambas hasn't been very good.

The web site states that various packages are required but doesn't name the
files specific to that requirement.

If you use the Ubuntu sources.list you only get the stable version of
Gambas.

If you download the .deb supplied through the web site it doesn't load due
to one of the dependencies being renamed. Ditto the sources.list from the
Gambas web site.

This .deb installed without fuss and has given me a working Gambas (and it
shows in the menu without having to edit the .desktop). The fact that there
are bits installed that I wont use just puts it in the same category as
every other piece of software on my PC.

I'm a very happy camper.