[Gambas-user] SHELL syntax not as advertised???

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Thu Feb 2 20:58:43 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Pablo Vera wrote:

> Your example says:
>
>    SHELL "..." FOR READ WRITE AS video
>
> but I don't see the word FOR in this description:

> and I am not sure about the parenthesis, so maybe it should be like this:
>
>    SHELL "..." (READ WRITE) AS video
>
> or
>
>    SHELL "..." READ WRITE AS video
>

> Saludos,
> Pablo Vera
>
> Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> > I'm bad for forgetting subject topics :(
> >
> > The documentation seems off for the SHELL command:
> >
> > As per the offline docs in 1.9.23:

Yes I missed the FOR but it's there in the offline docs.  I looked at the
online docs after much hair pulling and discovered that the syntax is
completely changed in 1.9.23:

  [FOR { { READ | INPUT } | { WRITE | OUTPUT } }]

This is why it didn't work.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |