[Gambas-user] Managing databases

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Wed Dec 27 00:52:21 CET 2006

Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> So I think its better to make a autoincrement number and a 4 field, i
> name it 'typ' where you store a 'C' or a 'P' .
> Now you can make "Select * from AGENDA where typ ='C'" and if you need
> more then 'C' and 'P' you can add everything you want , e.g. 'G' for
> Guest etc.

I've choosen a composed code (letter and number) because I must use this
code out of my program too. Those codes will be written on paper cards
that will be stored inside a classic office archiver.
If someone will look at a card in that archiver, he will be able to know
in a second which type of customer he's mananing just looking at his
code (C is a regular customer, P is a non regular one) and he will also
be able to search for his datas in my electronic archive just typing
that code on keyboard.
(It can happen that there can be a C1 contact and a P1 contact too).

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software