[Gambas-user] problems with inheritance

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Thu Dec 21 13:47:43 CET 2006

Hi, I'm having problems using inheritance and method overriding between more
than two classes. I don't know if it's a bug, or just I'm not doing it
correctly. This is the problem:

Class1 has a sub called translate(aText as String)
Class1 inherits from Class2 and Class2 inherits from Class3. Both Class3 &
Class2 have also the translate sub, with the
same sintax in the definition.
In class1 sub translate I have:

super.translate(aText)
....more actions...

and the same in Class2 sub translate.

Doing
objecto=New Class1
objeto.translate("whatever")

causes a stack overflow in method translate in Class2.

If I only have two classes it works ok, but with three classes I always get
the same error.

So: is it a bug r am I doing something wrong?

Regards
José L.