[Gambas-user] Assigning actions to parent menus events...

Tony Sales asa at ...1615...
Thu Dec 7 21:08:14 CET 2006

I want to assign an action to a menu e.g. that something will happen
when the menu item gets focus. This seems to work with the children of a
menu, these seems to behave like any other object i.e. when I
double-click on it the default event is created in the code window. So I
can assign any action to one of these child menu items when they are
clicked or get focus etc. However I do not seem to be able to trigger an
action when the parent menu gets focus or is clicked etc - I suppose the
default action is to open the menu! Want I want to do is make festival
text to speech say the name of the menu when it gets focus! I have tried
simply changing the name of the child menu to the parent name but this
doesn't work. Are parent menu objects logically different to child menu
items i.e. is it not possible to assign actions to their events? I know
this is possible in VB, presumably there is a way to replicate this in
Gambas.

drbongo