[Gambas-user] Festival Text to Speech

Tony Sales asa at ...1615...
Mon Dec 4 22:57:17 CET 2006

I apologise if I have posted this twice! I posted after subscribing but
before confirming my subscription! Doh!

I am a frustrated Microsoft Windows lecturer/researcher wanting to move
to Linux. The only thing holding me back is finding a suitable
programming environment. I have looked at several and Gambas looks like
the best place to start as it is similar to VB! My question is: Is it
possible to call the festival speech engine from Gambas? As I want to
write talking applications for blind and partially sighted learners.
What I am really after is a piece of sample code calling Festival and
getting it to say something etc. Any information gratefully received and
might result in one more very small rusty nail in the coffin of Bill
Gates!

Yours in anticipation,

Dr.Bongo