[Gambas-user] New Gambas User - Stupid Question

Bob Hodges BobH at ...1613...
Mon Dec 4 21:51:00 CET 2006

I am brand new to Gambas and I'm very excited in trying it out.  I'm a Windows/Visual Basic guy, and was excited to come across Gambas when I was looking for something like VB in Linux.  I'm also somewhat new to Linux in terms of mechanics, though I've been using it on and off for years as a simple workstation when I want to take a break from Windows.

I'm used to using Visual Basic and InstallShield to distribute my apps.

Now for my stupid Gambas question:

How on earth do you distribute a Gambas app?  What needs to be included?  How do you package it into an installer?  Is it a horrible mess?  Is there such a thing as a stand-alone distributable app in Linux, and is Gambas capable of it?

Much thanks in advance!

Bob