[Gambas-user] new Quote.Shell()

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sun Dec 3 12:44:36 CET 2006

Alle 12:32, domenica 3 dicembre 2006, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On Sunday 03 December 2006 12:25, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> > Alle 14:20, sabato 2 dicembre 2006, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> > > To send it to a shell, use:
> > >
> > > SHELL "cd " & Quote.Shell(Application.Dir) & ";" & MyCommand
> > >
> > > Quote.Shell() is a function that quotes a string for a shell command.
You
> > > will get it in the next version.
> >
> > Hi, Benoit.
> >
> > Little question: the Quote.Shell() function will be mandatory
> > from next Gambas version?
> > I mean:
> >
> > SHELL "cd " & user.Home
> >
> > will give an error?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefano Palmeri
> >

> SHELL pass its argument to "/bin/sh", so quoting is mandatory.
>
> Read 'man bash' to more information about quoting inside bash for example.
>
> With Quote.Shell(), you just don't have to do it by hand.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoit Minisini

Sorry. Probably I was not clear.
I'm running 1.9.46 and if I add this line to a project, it works:

 SHELL "cd " & user.home & ";ls" WAIT

The question is: in the next version the sintax
must be

SHELL "cd " & Quote.Shell(user.home) & ";ls" WAIT

or the old sintax will work as it does now?

Regards,

Stefano Palmeri