[Gambas-user] use VSplit and Embeded

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 2 14:20:40 CET 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 18:02, myta toto wrote:
> I write program with gambas 1.9.46.
> I have some questions about gambas programming.
> 1. Can you give me a simple example how to use VSplit or HSplit in program.
> eg: I have VSplit and two TextArea. How to use this component then I can
> resize two TextArea with VSplit.

Just put your two TextArea inside the VSplit. Is it what you need?

> 2. I want to modified program Console on
> gambas Examples. This program I'm attachmets with my email (projectTa
> project). I compiled this program and save executable file in /bin folder
> with nmo name file, so that i can call this program with all user from
> command line. eg I'm in /home/toto. and I try to call this program. then
> write nmo in terminal, then program nmo opened. label1 text show addres
> /bin not /home/toto. I want to write program, then when I call that program
> from any folder then label1 text show folder where I call this program. ex.
> I in /usr. then when I nmo in terminal then this program show /usr folder
> not /bin. can you solved this my problem.

The current directory of a gambas program is undefined: do not rely on its
default value.

To get the directory from where you run the gambas program, use
Application.Dir.

To send it to a shell, use:

SHELL "cd " & Quote.Shell(Application.Dir) & ";" & MyCommand

Quote.Shell() is a function that quotes a string for a shell command. You will
get it in the next version.

> 3. Can you give me a simple
> example how to use Embedder. I confused how to use this component thank for
> your attention

There is a mail about that in the mailing-list: can you search it?

Benoit Minisini