[Gambas-user] Some suggestion

jum j0e at ...103...
Sun Dec 3 02:02:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

After some times work with Gambas, I have some suggestion. May be Benoit or
other guys have spare time to look at it :-)

1. Array[].pop can have optional argument, so when we type array.pop(3) then
it functioning like array.remove(3) but it returns the removed content.

2. Please added tabstrip.max, tableview.columns.max, .rows.max, etc so there
is consistency when there is count property (that have index) there is max
property. May be we can announce this feature at Gambas Tip.

3. For control that have border (tableview,gridview,etc), add feature to
change the border color and style (very simple style like strip, but of
course not like KDE) so we can distinguish control.

4. When I use array like [a,b], when a or b = null the array type is Variant[]
can you make it when a or b is String (and another is null) so the array type
is String[] and when it Object the array type is Object[]. At this time when
I want to make String[] array I use mid function like this: [Mid(a, 1),
Mid(b, 1)] so it work fine to me but 'noisy'. Please consider it.

Another question:

- Last time I ever read that click event at scroll bar not raise an event, but
it still happen at TableView, may be you miss it.

Regards,

L.Jumadi