[Gambas-user] Slow Mysql connection

juanramon at ...1546... juanramon at ...1546...
Thu Aug 24 17:04:40 CEST 2006

Ok Benoit,

1.-I connect to an external database via Internet. Is a Public Function in
Modul :

  PUBLIC FUNCTION ConectarBase() AS Boolean

   IF MComun.Conectar <> NULL THEN RETURN FALSE

   MComun.Conectar = NEW Connection
   WITH MComun.Conectar
    .Host = "XX.XX.XXX.XXX" .-Static IP
    .Name = "instore"
    .Type = "mysql"
    .Login = "XXX"
    .Password = "XXXX"
   END WITH

   TRY MComun.Conectar.Open()
   IF ERROR THEN
    MComun.Conectar = NULL
    Message.Error("ERROR AL CONECTAR CON LA BASE DE DATOS")
    RETURN TRUE
   END IF

   RETURN FALSE

 END

2.- I verify connection problems to enter de Database in FormMain:

  PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

   ME.Center()

   IF MComun.ConectarBase() THEN
      Message.Info("NO S'HA POGUT FER LA CONNEXIO")
      RETURN
   END IF

  END

3.- Open Forms selecting in the Menu:

  PUBLIC SUB Caixeres_Click()

   DIM Caixeres AS FormCaixeres

   Caixeres = NEW FormCaixeres(ME)
   Caixeres.Show()

  END

  One function for each option of the menu that opens a new form

Each form consists of a diferent DataSource connected to diferents tables
of the DataBase and many “DataControls”

When I open a form for the first time goes very slow,  when opening for
the second time it's a normal function.

Thanks,