[Gambas-user] SHELL doesn't run scripts stored in executable

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 18 07:19:05 CEST 2006

On Friday 18 August 2006 04:17, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Alle 03:41, venerdì 18 agosto 2006, Stefano Palmeri ha scritto:
> > Hi, Benoit.
> >
> > In a project source I added a script. I run it and
> > save the output TO a string. Well, there's no
> > problem if I run the project from the IDE, but
> > when I make the executable and run it
> > from console I get an error (bash doesn't found the file).
> >
> > Ok, I can understand it :-)
> >
> > I've attached two little examples to explain the problem:
> > the FAILED and the GOOD. In the GOOD there's a workaround
> > to run a script even in the executable and... that's
> > what I can't understand: I can COPY the script stored
> > in the executable but I can't SHELL it...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefano Palmeri
>
> P.S. The attached examples were made with 1.9.37, so you probably
> will not  see the folder icon when you extract them; but the files
> are there.
>
> Stefano Palmeri

Files inside the executable do not exist outside of the interpreter, and so
for any command you run with SHELL or EXEC.

It works inside the IDE because the IDE does not use the executable to debug
the program, but the uncompressed project.

Benoit Minisini