[Gambas-user] List status (fwd)

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Mon Aug 14 22:24:29 CEST 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Ron Onstenk wrote:

> > > .=================================================.
> > > |  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
> > > +================================================='
> > > `=================================================-
> > > Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
>
> Removing this can help ??? :) :)

insufficient obfuscation?

maybe I'll cipher it (the real email) and put
the decrypt key in the sig along with it - that'll stop things until spam
harvesters get smart enough to decode encrypted email addresses

the plaintext link is an autoblacklist address (runs a script) and I'll
never get an email from them again since it automatically updates the
email access file which is reloaded when cron periodically SIGHUP's my MTA

I could probably juryrig a shellscript to turn the contents of the
combined email access 55x rules (denied from delivering mail) into a ipfw
rule table if I had to.  The goal is that the blacklist IPs end up stealth
blocked (no ACKs as in "no server here") from port 25.  I could run it on
the same cronjob that SIGHUPs the MTA (mind you if ipfw'ing there'd be no
need to sighup the MTA since the MTA would no longer get connects from
blacklist IPs)

> May be forward request to there ISP using your box as router
> and fake that your IP is on the ISP box of the spammer.
> Using Cisco router between WAN/LAN I had on loan :)
>
> I did it for my network once and was asked what was happening.
> They aborted the spammer from there network :)
> Ron

Perhaps the below will stop the bots for a while???

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1543...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher