[Gambas-user] List status (fwd)

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Mon Aug 14 15:45:43 CEST 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, Fabien Bodard wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:31:28 +0200
> From: Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...>
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] List status (fwd)
>
> yes it does

I think at some point while blackilsting 30+ spams from my inbox I
inadvertently ended up getting a gambas list mail mixed up in the
blacklist while forwarding each individual spam to the black box.

Spam seems to be using a new relay technique now too: falsify origination
headers and send to a server they know will bounce the message.  The
bounce goes to the falsified location (the intended spam recipient) and
the server figures it's quelched a spam when in reality it just relayed
one via the "bounce".  I can recognize this when I get servers my mail
server is not configured to talk to for outbound mail (all other outbound
port 25 access, except to my ISP upstream smtp superhost, is blocked at my
router for the entire network behind the router--and then only one machine
is allowed to make outbound SMTP to the superhost server).

This pretty much guarantees me any bounces that aren't identified as from
my ISP's superhost are effectively, themselves, spam.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |