[Gambas-user] Nightmare Error #27

José L. Redrejo Rodríguez jredrejo at ...429...
Sat Aug 12 16:30:47 CEST 2006

> Antonio Jes?s D?vila wrote:
> >

> > I trying to install the gambas2-1.9.38 over Ubuntu Dapper, first i run
> > ./configure -C, and get the output:

> > THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
> >
> > - gb.corba
> > - gb.db.firebird
> > - gb.db.odbc
> > - gb.db.postgresql
> > - gb.db.sqlite2
> > - gb.db.sqlite3
> > - gb.ldap
> > - gb.net.curl
> > - gb.pdf
> > - gb.qt.kde

> > there is not the gb.qt component disabled , then i run make and
> > sudo make install ( -C or -c option doesn't exist in ubuntu sudo)
> >
> > but when i try to launch gambas2 i get :
> >
> > ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.qt': cannot find library file
> >

> You are missing the dev files.
>
> Have a looks at this http://gambasdoc.org/help/readme
>
> Use apt-get to install needed files, then run configure, mane and make
> install.
>

> --
>     R. Stormo

Using Ubuntu you have two easy ways:
Use the Debian/sid packages available at http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/1.9.38/sid/ or

If there is any incompatibility due to the Ubuntu forks, you can
-download from the above link the debianized sources(*.tar.gz, *.dsc & *.dif)
- execute in your computer: "dpkg-source -x gambas2_1.9.38-1.dsc ",
- move into the gambas-1.9.38 directory
- execute "dpkg-buildpackage", that will give you the exact name of the packages that you still have to install to compile all the stuff (build-dependencies)
- execute "dpkg-buildpackage" and you will compile and build the packages for any Ubuntu system like yours.

Hope this help.