[Gambas-user] how to 'which' with gambas

Stefano Palmeri stefanopalmeri at ...152...
Fri Aug 11 22:00:07 CEST 2006

Alle 05:48, venerdì 11 agosto 2006, Ron Onstenk ha scritto:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 01:48, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> >
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > Is there a native function in Gambas that checks
> > if a program exists in the user $PATH?
> >
> > I currently do something like:
> >
> > SHELL "which the_program &> /dev/null; echo $?" TO sShellout
> >
> > and then I check sShellout.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Stefano Palmeri
> >

> Try look for
> IsDir: http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/isdir
> Stat: http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/stat
> File etc: http://gambasdoc.org/help/cat/file
>
> Ron

Thanks for reply, Ron.

I know these functions.

I was talking about a function that do the same job as
the command line "which".  Anyway it is surely
not a priority... I will continue to play with SHELL "which...

Ciao,

Stefano