[Gambas-user] MySQL question

Marco Gusy picander78 at ...325...
Thu Aug 10 20:16:49 CEST 2006

Alle 15:17, giovedì 10 agosto 2006, James Hatridge ha scritto:
> Hi all..
>
> I have a database named "stamps" (I'm a stamp dealer), it has X number of
> tables (unknown before opening "stamps") with names like "US", "Germany",
> "Russia", and so on. How can I make a list so that the user can pick which
> table to use?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> JIM

It's not the best Idea to create a table for each stamp nationality.
You should create a table wehre the first field contains stamps nationality,
and the rest of fileds like the tables you want to index.

Then you can open a table with "Select * from stamps where nationality='US'; "
and see the table as before.
To see a list of nationalities "Select distinct nationality from stamps;"