[Gambas-user] can't create a new project!

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Aug 9 21:58:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 19:55, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 17:59, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 August 2006 17:01, Jose J. Rodriguez wrote:
> > > And you
> > > might want to change to "# Gambas Project File 2.0" in the .project
> > > file, if only to add a warning popup when an attempt is made to open a
> > > 1.0 version project. Would help to avoid loosing the GUI design in
> > > such a case!
> >
> > This surprised me already a long time that it is not done.
> > The project files are already not compatible with
> > version 1 and the first releases of version 2 now.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> Yes, but the .project file format itself didn't change.

The *.class, *.forms did, those are the one I mean (and Jose J. Rodriguez?)
A form file from version 1.0 is not usable, without changes, in version 2.0
i.e.
Open xyz for read as hFilehandle (1.0)
hFilehandle = xyz for read (2.0 <1.9.2? and up>)

Smile the whole day,

Ron