[Gambas-user] What does this mean?

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Aug 9 21:41:58 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 19:59, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > The {Replace} puzzles me.
> >
> > Ron
>
> Really? Nevertheless, it is exactly the same syntax in VB. ;-)

Really? Never seen or read about that in VB ;-)

Or do you mean Virtual Basic?

> The { } just tells the compiler not to try to interpret the identifier as a
> subroutine name, a reserved keyword, or god knows what. By using { }, I am
> sure that 'Replace' will be interpreted as a function name in that case.

Then I would use ReplaceOne here, much more trust in that.

And referring to VB, and other basics variants to, functions
should have always () after the name so Replace() does the same.

Your the boss :)

I'm your donkey,

Ron