[Gambas-user] can't create a new project!

Allen Murphy msumurph at ...626...
Wed Aug 9 02:20:52 CEST 2006

When I run the IDE in the IDE, I do not get the error.  However, when I
run it from the prompt (gambas2), I do get the error.

My theory is that the installed version of gambas2 IDE cannot locate the
template/FMain.class file.  To test this, I opened the IDE in the IDE
and added the following lines to the beginning of the GetFile() (line
93) subroutine:

  IF Exist(sPath) THEN
    PRINT "GetFile: " & sPath
  ELSE
    PRINT "GetFile: Error in path - " & sPath
  END IF

When I run the project from the IDE, I get this output:

GetFile: template/list
GetFile: template/_project
GetFile: template/_project
GetFile: template/_directory
GetFile: template/_directory
GetFile: template/FMain.class
GetFile: template/FMain.class

and then the new project is created.  In other words, no error.

I reinstalled my "edited version" of gambas2 and ran from the command
prompt and then I get the following:

GetFile: template/list
GetFile: template/_project
GetFile: template/_project
GetFile: template/_directory
GetFile: template/_directory
GetFile: Error in path - template/FMain.class

The the error dialog is displayed.  Apparently this file does not exist?
Perhaps the template files are not being installed correctly with "make
install"??  Hope this helps!

Allen