[Gambas-user] can't create a new project!

Allen Murphy msumurph at ...626...
Tue Aug 8 14:05:20 CEST 2006

Benoit,

I start gambas2 from the command prompt.

At the opening screen, I choose "New Project".

When the wizard starts, I give a title and a name like "sample" and
"sample".

After pressing "Next", the wizard continues.

I then choose a parent directory and hit "Ok".

This is when the error message dialog appears.

Now, I'm no expert, but I snooped around by opening the gambas2 app in the
IDE and when I ran it from there I was able to create a new project.  I then
examined the FCreateProject.class file and found the CATCH statement in the
Wizard_Close() subroutine that executes the error dialog.  After tinkering
with things I found that the problem seemed to be with the GetFile()
subroutine.  Apparently, it cannot locate the "template" subdirectory when
run from the command prompt, but it can when run as a project from the IDE.
I'm not on my computer with gambas2 so I can't give you line numbers right
now.

Anyway, my best guess is that gambas2 cannot find the "template" directory.
I hope this helps the situation and that I'm not totally off.

Thanks,
Allen