[Gambas-user] gambas database example on fedora core 4

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Tue Aug 8 10:45:06 CEST 2006

On 8/8/06, Ramon Orticio <rporticio at ...43...> wrote:
> dear friends,
>
> thanks joe for your suggestions. i have installed both
> gambas1.0.17 and 1.9.37 successfully in fedora core 4.

You're welcome!

> but when i tried the database example using both
> versions both posted this message "can't find database
> driver for postgresql. fedora core 4 in my computer
> has postgresql-8.0.3-1 and i downloaded and installed
> postgresql-devel-8.0.3-1.i386.rpm using rpm-Uvh
> command. yet the database program posted the same
> problem.
>
> what might be the proper resolution for this.

Just a guess, but it seems to me that the Gambas you installed was not
compiled with postgresql support. Did you find packages, or build them
from source?

Regards,
Joe1962