[Gambas-user] Characters with ~ or ' not saved correctly in MySQL

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 7 14:35:48 CEST 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 14:22, Fabricio Silva wrote:
> This is a strange behavior the happens only if I save data in MySQL using
> gambas. For example using gambas the word "Goiás" is stored "Goiás" in
> database. Using phpmyadmin to insert data the word "Goiás" is saved
> correctly. I'm using this code:
>      .rs = .db.Exec("insert into employes values( ' " & txtname.text & "
> ',' " & txtaddress.Text & " ')")

Another point. Never insert something this way into the database, this is a
true fortune for crackers.

Gambas offers facilities to correctly quote strings inserted into a database:

.db.Exec("insert into employes values(&1,&2)", txtName.Text, txtAddress.Text)

Benoit Minisini