[Gambas-user] Characters with ~ or ' not saved correctly in MySQL

Fabricio Silva buxaman at ...626...
Mon Aug 7 14:22:48 CEST 2006

This is a strange behavior the happens only if I save data in MySQL using
gambas. For example using gambas the word "Goiás" is stored "Goiás" in
database. Using phpmyadmin to insert data the word "Goiás" is saved
correctly. I'm using this code:
     .rs = .db.Exec("insert into employes values( ' " & txtname.text & " ','
" & txtaddress.Text & " ')")

Am I forgeting something that I should tell gambas to do in order to save
data? Or it uses the table definitions?
I'm using SuSE 10.0 - MySQL4.1.13 - Gambas 1.9.35 - Collation of the table
and fields: latin1_swedish_ci

Fabricio