[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.37

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Sun Aug 6 22:36:36 CEST 2006

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a release that should make Gnome users happy, as now the Development
> Environment uses GNOME icons on GNOME, and KDE icons on KDE.
>
> The Stock class makes this possible.
>
> This feature is experimental, and so may not work correctly on your system.
> The reason is that, if KDE icon paths are detected by using the 'kde-config'
> tool and follow the KDE theme, GNOME icon paths are hardcoded and do not
> follow the GNOME theme.
>
> The Stock class looks for GNOME icons in the following folders:
> - /usr/share/icons/gnome
> - /opt/gnome
> - /usr/share/icons/hicolor
>
> If your icons are not installed there, tell me, I will add your path.
>
> And if somebody knows how to get the current GNOME icon theme without the
> GNOME libraries, I'd like to have the information! :-)
>
> Another point: gb.gtk does not support this feature at the moment. Daniel
> Campos is in holidays. Maybe I will make a gb.form.stock component
> independent of gb.qt and gb.gtk in the future.
>
> Otherwise, the project creation dialog has been redesigned, in the aim of
> being less cluttered, and a crashing bug has been fixed in the interpreter
> too.
>
> Here is the full ChangeLog:
>
> --8<---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
>
> * NEW: Almost all icons now come from the stock. The development
>   environment now takes a GNOME look when running under GNOME.
> * BUG: Automatic insertion of property handlers now correctly deals with
>   static properties.
> * BUG: CTRL+Up and CTRL+Down work again.
> * BUG: Search backward does not freeze the IDE anymore.
> * BUG: Arranging buttons in the form editor do not crash the IDE anymore.
> * BUG: Some unneeded process was removed when inserting a new file in the
>   project.
> * NEW: Now project source files can only be put in the project root
>   directory.
> * NEW: The project creation dialog has been redesigned.
> * NEW: The menu editor is now resizable.
> * NEW: The icon selector has been redesigned. But this is not the final
>   version!
> * NEW: A new highlight theme made by Fabien Bodard, 'amber'.
> * BUG: Color buttons in the option dialog now should be visible with any
>   widget theme.
> * BUG: Find previous and find next buttons are at the good place now.
> * BUG: Saving translation now waits for the completion of the 'msgfmt'
>   command.
> * NEW: CVS directories are now automatically hidden.
>
> DATABASE MANAGER
>
> * NEW: The databaser manager starts using stock icons.
>
> INTERPRETER
>
> * BUG: The error message displayed when accessing an unknown object symbol
>   has been fixed.
> * BUG: Byte order and end of line character are now correctly initialized
> [...]

On my system (KDE 3.5.4 on Suse 10.1) I see all the icons...
Benoit, you made a great work ;-)
I like very much the new look of Gambas IDE... but I still to have the
same problem with Gambas logo on splash screen: it seems on a background
layer and the Gambas text on the left covers it (you can see this
problem searching on the newsletter: I published a screenshot some days
ago).

--
Ciao.
Leo