[Gambas-user] Feature request...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 5 16:51:08 CEST 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 11:04, Ron Onstenk wrote:
> On Friday 04 August 2006 08:41, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 August 2006 23:44, you wrote:
> > >    The search list is, as someone else on the list said, truly
> > > brilliant. Now lets extend the functionality of the project tree a bit
> > > more.
> > >    How about listing each subroutine and function as a seperate node
> > > under each class. This would allow the programmer to skip to the start
> > > of any given SUB or FUNCTION by expanding the class in the tree and
> > > clicking on the SUB or FUNCTION name (sorted alphabetically (of
> > > course)). Just a thought.. I find myself wanting to jump to SUBS or
> > > Functions and this feature would prevent a lot of mouse
> > > wheeling/scrolling.
> > >
> > > Steve :)
> >
> > I answer on the mailing-list...
> >
> > The problem with displaying a list of symbols, whereever it is, is that
> > updating it in real time is slow.
> >
> > At the moment, this update is done only when needed, i.e. when you click
> > on the "go to" button in the Editor, or when the commpletion automatic
> > pops up.
> >
> > If you have a solution, I could do something.
> >
> > Regards,
>
> I have worked on this subject.
>
> I had in mind to update the list after the name is declared.
> Is also bad because it then act on every keystroke.
>
> What would be nice is getting a trigger after a SUG/Function is finished.
> Then however the global part is not seen.
> There are split lines between procedures.
> My idea is now for every section between the split lines a checksum.
> If there is edit between them then invalidate the check sum
> If the cursor passes a boundary split then recreate the list
> for only where checksum is invalid.
> The need is to get a appropiate trigger on passing that split with the
> cursor.
>
> Because there is alredy some handling of it, can you make it as event
> or give a the source code/file/hint where it has to be done.
>
> I do have the symbol list ATM on left side with sidebar and I'm loving it.
> Updated on doubleclick in the list.
>
> Ron

And what about copy & paste than can transform editor contents in anything
other?

Your solution seems not a real one for me. Too much complex!

Maybe a timer that is started at each keystroke, so that after for example ten
seconds of no keystroke, all lists are updated. They are of course updated
when needed as before.

--
Benoit Minisini