[Gambas-user] Error #6

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Thu Aug 3 22:28:22 CEST 2006

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> I got it. The bug only appears when a error is raised when using round
> brackets instead of square brackets for accessing an array, as in your code.

Yes, the class that you got it was an early translation from VB. Now I
have fixed a lot of bugs but I also discovered a (strange?) way of
working of Gambas errors detectors..
If I get and error in clsAES Gambas halts showing an error in the class
that called it, in my program frmMain. If I click on "CONTINUE" on error
window, and then I try to look at the variables in clsAES, I get an
error telling me that Gambas cannot recognize that symbol.. strange,
isn't it? I freezed the program so I could be able to look at any
variable or property in any part of the program...

> Just replace all round brackets by square brackets when you access an array,
> and things should go better.

Just done... And using CATCH command I also found a lot of other errors..

> Note that you have bit manipulation functions in Gambas, so you can get rid of
> LShift, RShift, RotateLeft, RotateByteLeft... functions.

Yes, I know. But I am confused because I don't know exactly which
function is right for me, and I didn't find much help from Gambas Help...
Which are the differences from LSL, SHL and ROL? The last one should be
rotate a byte like a thor, so if my bits are, i.e., 01001110 and I left
rotate of 3 bits, then I should find my byte as 01110010, isn't it?
But I don't understand the difference between the other two commands...

--
Ciao.
Leo

Visita il mio sito personale: www.leonardomiliani.com