[Gambas-user] sqlite vs sqlite2 problems in Gambas2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Aug 3 20:01:44 CEST 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 17:07, Jose J. Rodriguez wrote:
> If I understand this right, the gb.db.sqlite driver is for sqlite 3.x
> and the gb.db.sqlite2 is for sqlite 2.x? My box has sqlite 2.8.6
> installed and gb.db.sqlite2 gets built, but not gb.db.sqlite, which
> seems logical. However, the Database Manager says "Cannot connect to
> database. There is no driver for database: sqlite" when trying to open
> "localhost (sqlite), the only server which shows up in the tree. This
> happens in 1.9.36 and 1.9.32, probably also when I was using 1.9.29,
> my first Gambas2 version. I have Gambas1 1.0.15 also working here and
> it has no trouble with "localhost (sqlite)".
>
> Regards,
> Joe1962

A stupid design of mine :-) A workaround to this problem is adding "sqlite2"
in the list of possible database types in the database manager new connection
dialog. I will do it for the next version, and maybe redesign the sqlite
components, so that we have sqlite, sqlite2 and sqlite3 all distinct.

Benoit Minisini