[Gambas-user] prb:Left() does not work correct.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Apr 28 13:31:04 CEST 2006

> Found something.
> when I place only 3 textbox controls on the form it works
> adding some other as button, labels and listbox, is still works
> selecting the 3 working textbox, do cut and past so they are not
> the *first* controls checked for tag it does not work any more
> select all other, do cut and past and it works again.
>
> Look to me as the first tag is null/empty or not used it does not work.
> Test done by remove the first tag, not working, add the tag and it works.
>
> This must be a bug somewhere, I do not see the logic of it.
>
> Ron

Sorry for kicking.

Findings:
3 TextBox controls on form with a .Tag property filled with a word.
Using the Left(TextBox#,2) on them returns for all 3 the 2 letters.
If the first .Tag is cleared ( in property sheet) the Left does not
work any more on the other 2 Controls.
The 3 TextBox.Tag are read with a Sub in a For Next loop.
Using a temp string variable for the .Tag does work.

Syntax say: Result = Left$ ( String [ , Length ] )
Tag is however a Variant. In VB this is alowed as substitut for String
and I belived it was in Gambas too.

Any time to confirm the behaviour/problem?

TIA

Ron