[Gambas-user] GTK component in 1.9.29

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Apr 27 07:59:01 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 00:01, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Current version has been tested with GTK+ 2.8.x and it probably will not
> compile with previous versions.
>
> Daniel

Be carefull Daniel with using the latest state of the art.
It is nice to use them for private projects but not for
redistributable components. Not every distro has it out of the box.

The starting linux user is already happy he get gambas compiled.
Forcing the upgrade of all distro components, wich may be not
available is not nice for them.
Special the major components as GTK and QT wich can require to
recompile all other applications also.

I had it in the past with curl for the net component and suse8.2
Upgrading curl from source was corupting the yast installer.
It was not easy to restore the old and correct curl without Yast.
Or recompile Yast myself, but to get the sources I had to use yast.
I disabled the gb.net component at upgrading gambas. :(

Ron