[Gambas-user] Drawing

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Mon Apr 24 18:20:30 CEST 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, ron wrote:

> Unknown if it is *inches*, *dots* or *pixels*
> Normal paper sizes are given in inch or centimeter.
> For the print head on old printers there are 72 dots/inch
> 8" paper has then 576 dots as width
> Be carefull DPI is NOT pixels.
> My screen is 1280 pixels

Many graphics programs allow calibration of the screen-to-printer DPI
settings so that 100 pixels on screen shows in the image shows as the same
dimensional (" or cm) size on the screen that it would be on the paper.
This functionality is then accessed by a enabling a "[x] Show Print Size"
menu option usually found in the graphics software's View menu.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |